Saturday, June 25, 2005

s u m m e r

Hello people!! So far, so good... By the moment I am in Encinitas, CA. I am taking ANOTHER teachers training in Ashtanga Yoga. This time with an excellent teacher: Tim Miller. He is awesome, basically he is a sage. The course is just 15 days long, but very intense days. My schedule is pretty busy. My first activity is Pranayama at 6am!!! -by the way, the first day I was terrible because I could bearly mantain myself awake!! The next day, things didn´t come any better because I couldn´t follow the breathing -my excuse is that my lungs are not big enough... do you remember? I´m petite!! also I become so anxious when I´m retaining the emptyness of my breathing!!!-ha! maybe all this terminology sounds to you strange or even worst, a question mark is in your mind. But to explain myself and to have communication, Pranayama means breath control. I tried before but I always got very dizzy. This time after the instructions I don´t get dizzy but I´m like various breathings ahead, what is not good in this case. -bad lady, says Tim (For any further information about it, let me know., I'll be so pleased to explain all this...) Then I have Mysore from 7-9. Another question mark? Well, Mysore is a place in south India, is where the ashtanga practice takes place. But Mysore we call to the style of the practice, you go to the shala (room) to practice by your own without guide, once you know the series and there are people who adjust you in the postures, what feels great!! Most with Tim & Rich. After that I go for a run or biking at the beach with Raquel. Then, I have breakfast & a cup of tea while I read. At noon starts the theorical part until 17hs. With a small break in the middle for an income of sugar to keep going... From 17:30 -19:30 I have to observe or assist the class. When that it is over I'm starving, so I have dinner and try to read (I'm not succesfully in this last activity...) Sat. Tim recomends to have the day off for practice but class starts at 13-18. On Sun. I practice from 8-10, then 10-12 assist or observe. -No pranayama in the morning!!!!The things I'm learning here are incredible, there's a lot of chanting, something that I really enjoy !!More about Tim... is great to listen all his experiences with Guru Ji, also he relates yoga with astronomy-literature-indianmythology-postures-chantings-anatomy... Do you need more? because the list does not end here.This is what is going on in my life, I'm back as a 100% student which is great.
Thank you to all of you that have writen me and for the ones who have not writen... I keep expecting you with an open heart.
Take care.
N A M A S T E : M A R - THA (A funny note: For all the Spanish speaking, as well known MAR means SEA and THA in hindi means MOON. HA-THA yoga means HA sun, so is the union bet. the moon & the sun, the masculine with the femenine, the union of strength & flexibility, ratio & love).
Have a great summer. Mine is just fantastic with this wonderful weather in California, that means not to warm not to cool, JUST PERFECT!! enough sun to tan, enough wind to take away the heat.

No comments: